Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quick Updates Day 8

Eli had an ultrasound Friday night after surgery.  It checked his upper neck and shoulder/chest area.  It showed clear.  He had his ECHO Saturday morning to specifically check his heart and there was a moderate sized blood clot in his heart.  Lots of phone calls made and doctors talking and they decided to start Eli on anti-coagulant therapy for a minimum of 3 months.  There will be alot of lab work and alot of ECHO's during the whole time, but especially at the beginning while trying to get to a good therapeutic level.
A snow storm is supposed to be coming to KC late Sunday/early Monday, so after alot of talking with the doctors and nurses Bob and I ran home late afternoon.  We had dinner with the kids and got some things packed up and are heading back up this morning for the rest of the stay.  Eli is expected to be in KC for 2 to 4 weeks.  A loooong road ahead.
We will update more soon!
Here are a few pictures from the last few days.
Playing Day 5

View out Eli's Window

Tiny morning Day 7


Sasha said...

Wow how scary is that? Hopefully everything get's cleared up with the clot.

Jess said...

Praying, praying, and praying Heather! I am glad they found the blood clot, I am glad they have a plan to deal with it, and I am glad you are where you are. On the other hand I am so sorry you all are having to endure this. I know you have a lot of friends that are closer, but if you need anything, we are here for you how ever we can help. We will be up again on the 16th for sure so if you need some more snacks just holler or text :o)