Friday, September 14, 2007

Ben and his eating

poor ben has had a rough day. The kids had KDO today. When I got there to pick up Ben they said he'd been laying in the playhouse grunting for almost an hour and they thought he was constipated. They said they had checked many times and he hadn't pooped. When he saw me he got up and walked strangly to me and said mommy poop. so i laid him down to change him. I took off his diaper and was horrified at what i saw. TMI WARNING. TMI WARNING. There was a large hard ball of poop about 1 1/2 to 2 times the size of his fist stuck about 1/3 of the way out. At this point he's crying and wimpering. his teacher sat at his head and talked to him while i attempted to figure out what to do. I tried to use a wipe, stuck. i tried shifting his body, stuck. finally another teacher suggested using a finger wrapped in wipe. I resituated his legs and it came out and 2 more large hard balls came out. He was so in pain and upset that he was just dripping sweat. I have no idea how long he had been like that before I got there. i felt so horrible for him, that must have been terrifying and clearly very uncomfy. I have got to get him eating, no matter what it takes. I saw on a mommy board I'm on about a snack grazing tray. I wrote down over 50 of their ideas and am going to go shopping. they reccomend making the tray up after breakfast and leaving it out all day. maybe this will help him eat more. it's atleast worth a try. Poor Ben can't keep going like this. i just feel horrible for the little guy.

No comments: