Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October Already

I can't believe it's already October, the 2nd day in fact! Time is going fast, which is a good thing! The weekend with Brian has definately refreshed me. I'm not feeling quite so alone, and seperated. I will be in Wichita in 8 days! I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm excited to see everyone, but not the least bit happy about the drive with all of the kids by myself! :)
We are slowly adusting to life around here. It's alot different than life in Wichita. Things are slower here, very earth, environmental friendly. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but back home life is much faster and very convenience driven which results in alot more waste. We are adjusting to recycling and the kids think it's fun to have all the seperate bins in the kitchen. We have decided to minimize our waste (we are only allowed 1 35gallon trash container a week, and then full recycle bin and compost bin, and glass bins) that we are going to go back to using cloth diapers. We are going the cheap easy route of prefolds with wraps, covers, and wool. Our diaper trash each week alone is filling our limit on trash, so we've gotta make some more changes. We have been going to the local co-ops to buy our fruits and veggies, and will be going to the city wide farmers market this coming weekend. They close off an entire section of town and turn it into one huge farmers market. The kids are excited!
The kids are loving it here. Jace informed me this morning on the way to school that he likes it better in Iowa. i thought it was so cute. They are also getting used to spending alot of time outdoors. Benjamin screamed the whole way in the car this morning that he NEEDED to go outside. So we went to one of the local trails and went on a 2 mile walk. It is a very nice limestone trail, with small hills all throughout it. So pushing the weighted down double stroller through that was definately some exercise for me.
The leaves are turning fast here! The trees are also dropping leaves left and right. I can't believe how quickly fall is taking over! It has been pretty cool, and we've been living in jeans and long sleeve tshirts, in the mornings even sweaters.
The kids are all napping, and the house is quiet. It is my favorite time of day! We are supposed to get rain again this afternoon so the sky is that gray cloudy color, and you can hear the wind rustling in the trees. Perfect napping weather! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

ohhh I love the fall!!! leaves are changing here but not the cool weather I'd like it to be...soon enough though. :)
glad things are going well!