Friday, December 12, 2008

2 Weeks Post OP...WOW

These last 2 weeks have been the longest and fastest and hardest and most amazing 2 weeks of my life. I can't believe the transformation that has occured, and I'm no where near the end.
3 days ago I got dressed, in "real people" clothes as I'm calling them right now, and walked by my HUGE mirror in the bathroom. I stopped and stared. For the 1st time in I have no clue how long I thought that I truely looked good. I don't mean to sound conceited by that because that isn't how I meant it at all. I felt for the 1st time that I was seeing the "fruits of my labor" The whole life change, changing my diet, my exercise, my mindframe, it was all right there in front of me in the mirror, for the very first time. I felt as though I was staring at someone else. I cried, and then felt stupid for crying at my reflection! :) I'm so excited and so thankful to be where I am right now. I pulled up an ideal body weight calculator this morning and typed my info in. I'm 2 lbs away from my ideal body weight! YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was texting with a friend yesterday and one of her statements hit me hard. She told me that I was an inspiration. WOW. that word seems huge and has so much weight. When I began this journey I never thought I'd be where I am right now. Just looking back over the last year and a half, makes me want to cry, laugh, and scream all at the same time. I have been asked for my "secret" so many times. I've decided that I will type up my story and post it. Give me thru the weekend but I promise to get it done!
In other news I got the bill from the hospital. Not the bill I have to pay, but simply the here are the charges that insurance covered! Mind you this is only the hospital, not the doctors, anesthesiologist, labs, etc...The bill was....drumroll....
24,000!!!! HOLY COW! So apparently I was way off on the total price of the surgery! Just makes me feel even more blessed!
I can't say thank you enough to all of my amazing friends and family! It makes me feel so good to get the texts, emails, blog comments, facebook messages, phone calls, visits, etc...I feel beyond blessed to have so many amazing supportive people in my life! THANK YOU! I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!
I'll end with my 2 week post op pics!



2 comments:

Christie said...

Congrats! I saw you were wearing regular clothes and was sure you were happy!

Anonymous said...

You look great!!! I know how you feel. I am 3 weeks post op....but I didn't have the all around like you did...just the front. I am recovering FAST. Are you feeling good? I was done taking pain meds after about 12 days. How bout you? Is it easy or tough? It is all worth it!