Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ari update

I'm home for a few and Brian is at the hospital with Ari. She has 4 separate things going on with her. She has a horrible ear infection in her left ear, she's on antibiotics and pain killer for that. Then she has a yucky sinus respiratory thing. She's on a cough syrup and a decongestant for that. Her nose is pouring, and she's got so much drainage that she literally gags on it. Next she has rotovirus. The throwing up has stopped, but the diarrhea is still going, as well as stomach cramps and gas pains. She's running a fever. The lab work shows that she is very anemic, low iron, really low. They have no idea what's causing that and are going to use supplements. We had no idea, they just happened to run that in all of her blood work. She's on iv's (obviously) and all of the meds. The doc is thinking that she will be in the hospital for 2-3 days. She is on day 5 of pretty much no food or drink. this evening she had a popsicle and some jello. Her throat hurts alot and her tummy so that makes it doubly hard to get her to drink.
My mom is coming in town to stay with us to watch the other 3 kids. She is about an hour away. I don't know how much I will get home but that's al the info I have for now.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Oh my goodness Heather! I'm so sorry to read this! My heart is aching for you! I pray that they get everything figured out and that Ari gets well soon! That's great that your mom is coming up to help you with the kiddos! Fast healing vibes for Miss Ari and resting/peaceful vibes for you and Brian! Update when you can! *HUGS*