Friday, October 22, 2010

Wow the week flew by

This week went by way faster than I expected.  It's been a rough week.  Ben is off his meds and he is a mess.  It's been one melt down after another.  His 1st respite worker started, but she's only 2 evenings a week.  The 1st night was a mess, the 2nd night she did much better.  So we will see how it goes.  We interviewed another worker for 2 more nights a week so hoping she will start next week.  The oldest 2 are doing great.  Emily's birthday party is tomorrow.  She's having some friends over and we are all going to Night of the Living Zoo and then they are having a sleepover.  Ari is good.  She had her "big girl school" yesterday and she just loves it so much.  She is enjoying being around kids her age, and loves the swimming time.  Eli is pretty good.  He had his checkup with his surgeon this week, and she says he looks great.  We can scheduale his surgery anytime after 3ish weeks from now.  We will make a decision in another week or two.
I had my appt and ultrasound this last week.  I had a fibroid that he was able to burn the tip off to see if that helps.  BUT then he did an ultrasound and come to find out I have 2 very large cysts, 1 on each ovary.  He's concerned about operating because ultimately the goal was to keep the ovaries, hence they were left during the hysterectomy.  He's started me on some meds to attempt to shrink the cysts.  I'm fairly sore, so hoping they work quickly.
Today Bob also had his next round of testing.  It was colonoscopy day.  The good news there wasn't the large pre-cancerous polyp that was there 8 months ago(there was a chance it could have grown back).  The bad news is there were 6 polyps that she had to remove.  They were smaller and she doesn't believe they are precancerous BUT is concerned why he keeps getting these.  We will get the biopsy results next week, and meet with the GI surgeon next month.  She's thinking that there is some sort of overall isues causing all of this.  He struggled a bit with reathing during the procedure and his O2 kept dropping.  He's doing much better now, but just sore and very tired.
I will get more updates up after this weekend, hopefully on Sunday.  Things are busy around here right now, keeping up with all 6 of them!

No comments: