Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Home from Ultrasound and Doc

This morning was our 36 1/2 wk ultrasound and doc. It was definitely not good. Mr Eli has only gained 3 ounces in 3 weeks, which is obviously a huge problem. His kidney has also enlarged some more, now up to 2.3, and the other biggest change is my amniotic fluid has gone from 14 to 23.5, which is now way to high. Dr J thinks we are pretty much hitting the point where Eli is going to be better out than in. He wants to simply get to 37 weeks, so he called the hospital and they have me schedualed for Tuesday Dec 1st, check in at 6am. I will have an induction and assuming his lungs look OK I will be immediately induced afterwards. Nobody knows what to expect as right now Eli only weighs 4lbs 13oz. Dr J thinks the massive amount of amniotic fluid is what is causing the major pain and cramping in my back and stomach and some of the discomfort with taking deep breathes. He thinks the placenta simply isn't functioning anymore like it's supposed to.
I'm numb and freaked out all at the same time. I have so many things I still need to get done. I'm not even sure how to prepare or what to prepare for as we have no idea what to expect after his birth. It's going to be a long week and a fast week all at the same time.
I will update more as we know more, and I promise to get some new pictures up of the kids over thanksgiving.

No comments: