Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hi, I'm Heather!!!

I decided to introduce myself. I am known to many of you, as Brian's wife, Emily/Jace/Benjamin/Ariana's Mom, or something like that. Sometimes I feel as though I get lost in the shuffle of everyone else's accomplishments. My family has careers and accomplishments, Brian clearly has made great strides with his schooling and his job. Brian family is doing huge things in their careers and with their schooling. My accomplishments have been dealing with Ben, birthing a child and now providing all of her nutrition, Losing 70 lbs, cleaning house, teaching Jace to dress himself, helping Emily with homework, supporting Brian as he's made the final push towards finishing school. Moving the family to another state to support my husband in his career advancements, cooking, baking, laundry, and learning to knit.
I have applied to school, and in fact received my acceptance letter today. I am also in the process of applying to the University of Iowa, and will be looking to start there in the fall. This coming spring semester I will be taking 1 class at a local college. I'm excited to begin school and working towards my career goals. I feel like sometimes people forget that I have hopes and dreams and goals for myself. Things that I want to do for ME. I want to be my own person. I want to be known for something, for my accomplishments. I want to be something more than just his wife, and their mom. That doesn't mean that I don't LOVE being married to Brian, and that doesn't mean that I don't love being the kids mom, I just want to be Heather sometimes too.
I guess in all of this all that I'm asking is please don't lose me in the shuffle. I'm not asking for the "lime light" to be lessened from everyone elses accomplishments, but please remember me too.

No comments: