Monday, August 18, 2014

Simplest Moments

Wow.  I did it.  11 yrs later I have gone back to work.    Today was my very first day.  I was so nervous but that settled quickly and I loved it.  It was so nice to have something to do and be around people again.  I was more ready for a change than I even realized.

The kids are in their 2nd week of school.

Emily ~ 8th grade! Her last yr of middle school.  WOW.  She's busy as ever.  School orchestra, school choir, church orchestra, private lessons, Wichita youth symphony, plus all of her classes and a minimum of 1 1/2 hrs of practice time each day.  I have no idea how she keeps it all balanced but she does, and she even finds time to watch Teen Wolf, read books, make friendship bracelets and other crafts, and spend HOURS on her cell phone with friends.  :)

Jace ~ 6th grade!  His first yr of middle school.  Double WOW.  He's absolutely loving it.  He's in band again this yr, still working away at learning the clarinet.  He's figuring out classroom changes, different teachers, lockers, and all the fun things that come with middle school.  He's also decided to apply for Stuco.  He got a new BMX bike for his birthday so he spends as much free time as possible outside learning tricks, ramping, and many other things.  He also has become quite the popular one and spends a ton of time on his phone calling and texting with friends.

Benjamin ~ 4th grade!  My littlest Ben.  Not much has changed this year.  Benjamin is still on the para bus and still has full para supports every moment he's in school.  He is doing some of his own writing this year as well as still working on keyboarding.  So far I haven't seen any work come home where his para had to scribe for him!  Yesterday Grandpa took the kids out to Freddy's after church and bought Ben his typical cheeseburger.  Ben refused to eat anything.  When he came home I chatted with him and for the first time ever he said eating makes his tummy to full and it hurts.  He has NEVER described pain with eating.  We are wondering if that is maybe out missing underlying issue that Ben simply didn't have the words to explain.  He's still drinking his ensure most days and that's what is getting us by.  He meets with his pediatrician tomorrow so we will see how that goes.  Ben is still madly in love with minecraft and that's what he spends his free time on.

Ariana ~ 2nd grade!  She's of course LOVING school.  She is my little social butterfly who thrives being around people and friends, and she's so smart that school work is such a breeze for her.  Her teacher seems to be a good fit for her and Ari is loving it.  She has so many neighborhood friends that she is always playing with the kids and has become quite the expert at riding her 2 wheeled bike.  She is quite the balance of girly girly and tom boy.  It's fun to watch.

I'm running still.  A lot.  Today is runstreak day 52.  I'm a little over 55 miles for the month so far.  I am so thankful every day that I took that first step out the door.  I can no longer imagine my life without running.  The people it has brought into my life are amazing.  Bob runs with me almost every day as well.  We usually run at 5am every day and it's been such a special time for just the 2 of us to encourage each other on our runs and get that time to talk free of any distractions.  We love it!

I'm sure there is so much more I could/should write about but right now this is enough.  This is us, in our simplest moments.

No comments: