Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Heat

Shit got real around here these last few days.  It's HOT.  Summer has officially come to Kansas.
I'm struggling to figure out my hydration and runs.  I got it done yesterday but in the heat of the day and it wasn't pretty at all.  I ended it short, my pace wasn't what I would have liked, and I was absolutely wiped out when I got home.
This morning I had to be at work early so didn't get it done.  Now here I sit at 4:45pm and it's 98 degrees outside with blazing sun and I haven't run.
These are the days I have to dig down deep inside of me and remind myself why I run.
I have no doubt that I will run, that I will log some miles.  I also have no doubt that it won't be pretty. These are the hardest days to run, yet the most rewarding.

Benjamin had a doc appt this morning.  All the kids did actually but the biggest talks were about Mr Ben.  It's agreed that we need to dig deep to see if there is a medical reason Ben is struggling so much with eating.  His talk of pain with food hints even deeper at a problem.  She said keep chugging along with Ensure for now, as we obviously need something, but all agree it's really not a whole life solution.  She does want to start trying to get some fiber and probiotics into his ensure each day and ideally get him to start taking a multivitamin.  His BP was up considerably, which means his meds are working, although his HR was also up quite a bit.  He sees his Neurologist next week as well for a follow up.

No comments: