Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Bit Grouchy

The past few days I've honestly been a bit grumpy. I went from a planned homebirth, to a possible planned induction at a hospital, to a possible planned c-section. I feel like everything I wanted has been taken away. And to top it all off, we have no idea what is going on with Mr Eli and what he will need immediately after birth. They can't completely test his kidneys until he's actually here, so it leaves everything up in the air right now. We can only wait. I'm not good at waiting and I'm scared about what is going on with my son. I don't like not knowing what is going on. So I've been in a bit of a grouchy funk. Then I feel guilty for feeling that way. I know there is nothing I can do about it, but it doesn't change how I feel. I need to grieve and move on. Wow that sounds a bit cold though, and that's not how I mean it. I hope it makes sense to someone. I just need to snap out of this and do whatever I can to get thru the end of this pregnancy.

The last 24 hours Mr Eli has been SUPER active, moving around, making my stomach form into weird shapes. I'm not sure if he's maybe attempting to get himself flipped back around or if he's just goofing off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but definitely trying not to get my hopes up. He's sitting super goofy at the moment and my hips and lower back have been horrible, to the point where I've spent alot of time sitting on the couch. Hopefully that will adjust as he adjusts and situates better.
More info to come as we get more info! Thank you to everyone for all the encouraging words!

No comments: