Thursday, August 30, 2007

Leaving on a Jet plane.....

We leave in a few hours to head to the airport. I'm not looking forward to the trip. I used to really enjoy travelling, especially flying, but after our last trip I'm not looking forward to it at all. We go through Chicago again as well, which just makes it worse. Ariana isn't to thrilled this afternoon, so it'll be interesting to see how she does tonight. I got all the kids down for naps, or so I thought, so I decided to lay down myself. I was 3/4 asleep and I heard the floor creaking and footsteps upstairs. Jace had snuck out and was roaming the house hunting for toys. Of course moments later Ariana is crying. He woke her up. Go figure. So now she is struggling to go back to sleep, Jace is on the bed, but not sleeping, and I'm clearly not getting a nap. Go figure. It's going to be a long night I think. We don't even get into Cedar Rapids until 10:10 tonight. So who knows what time we'll finally get to bed, and we have to meet the movers at the house at 8am. UGGGH. Again I say I hate traveling.
My friend came over last night for some big girl babywearing training. I knew how to carry Ari as a little infant, but was struggling with how to do it as a big girl wanting to see the world. She brought a pouch with her and I absolutely loved it. It's sooo easy and fast to use. Ari has spent half the day in it and we even went shopping. I also absolutely love the material. The inside of it is black and white checked and the outside is a retro pinup girl kind of pattern. It's great! Ari loves it and its easy so works for me! I think it will also make this airplane trip so much easier! Which is obviously a good thing as well.
Bri and I won't have internet this trip. So I won't be back at a computer until Monday evening. We'll obviously have our cell phones, with email access so if you need me email or call! BYE BYE!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

HI Heather! Hope your weekend in Iowa is doing well, we miss you guys!