Monday, August 27, 2007

Breastfeeding

I have always been so determined to breastfeed until self weaning and to make it work. This has only been successful with 1 out of the 3. With Ariana being my last I have been even more determined than before. She loves to eat, and we haven't had any problems latching on since the first few weeks. But my milk supply seems to be dwindling. She is having some issues with constipation, she isn't gaining weight, she seems to be constantly hungry, and its been quite a while since the last time my breasts were even slightly engorged. It's all really come to my attention since my surgery and being sick and the increased weight loss, and the move into my parents house. My diet has been sparse, and my water consumption has probably been way down. I need to get to eating consistently and I really need to up my water. I also probably need to go get some fenugreek. I know all the things I need to do to get my milk supply up, but I just can't seem to get my crap together to get it done. I don't want to quit breastfeeding, I really don't. Poor Ariana. I feel horrible to be putting the poor girl through it. She's gotta be frustrated about the whole lower milk supply thing. Dang I would be if someone was cutting my food in half without asking me! :)

No comments: