Tuesday, May 14, 2013

3 Pictures

We have over 600 pictures from the evening, night, morning, and week to follow up to the visitation.  At some point we will share more in a slideshow fashion but I'm not currently emotionally able to put one together.  That being said there are 3 pictures that are my favorite.  I'm not sure why.  The raw emotion I remember from the time and was soooo clearly captured in the photos might be the reason.  The bond that the 4 adults in these photos have is unbelievable.
Quick rundown of the players.
Me and Bob.  obvious.  Eli's parents.
Lauren.  Eli's primary nurse.  She has been his nurse for 1 1/2 yrs, working 40-60 hrs a week.  Beyond that though she is our family.  She was over almost daily and spent so much time with us.
Mike.  This is Eli's primary doc.  Sometimes I felt as though he and I talked more than me and my hubby.  He would answer my calls morning, noon, night, evening, and weekend.  He would  meet me in the ER, he would call ahead to make things smoother.  He spent countless hrs on the phone, email, fax for Eli.  He grilled and prep residents for the chance that Eli might call in during "off hrs".  He was our lifeline.  When Eli coded the first time and they started intubating Mike was called and showed up VERY fast in his comfys and spent the entire night and morning by our side.
The 4 adults in these pictures were the pall bearers.  For the last times we felt the weight, we carried Eli alone.  It was us.
So here are the pictures.  I'm sorry if these are hard to look at, but imagine living them?!

Sunday April 28th 4:07am

Sunday April 28th 4:08am as Mike gathered the strength to say those words and we all held our Hero

Sunday April 28th 4:08am right after Mike said those words "Time of Death 4:08am"

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Heather thanks so much for sharing! I have no doubt that is one of the toughest things you will ever go through in life. Please know that I continue to pray for you and your family.